I am (crossing my fingers) moving to Singapore to start my new independence. For several years, my parents have always encouraged me to stretch my wings and consider moving to another country to improve my way of life - I am very happy to have both parents supporting me and believing that I can always do better. It was not pressure from them that made me decide to finally go ahead and pursue working abroad, it was finally coming to a conclusion that things are not going the way I expected it to be here in the Philippines. Factors such as career path and income has forced me to re-evaluate my choices and priorities. I have no regrets that I am finally ending my 8 year career in Exel, now DHL. With so much turmoil going on with the integration, I believe that it is best for me to move on and take with me all the lessons and learnings that I have accumulated - I took these turn of events as a sign - and bring it with me as I find an organization which will better suit my future success. Sadness is inevitable as I will bring me so many good memories and leaving behind so many people who have touched my life in more ways than I can imagine. Moving out and finally moving on. I pray to God the strength I need to stand on my own two feet and face the vast and unpredictable future that lay ahead of me.

I see drama in these coming days.

I've already come to terms with the emotional side of relocating - of course there are sooooo many people and things that I will miss. But my mind is churning on how to perform the logistics (no pun intended) side of relocating.

So I will stick true to what this blog is all about - scrapping.

I haven't touched my scrapbook stuff for three weeks since everything has been packed up in boxes. My main goal was to segregate everything to what will be essential to me when I move to Singapore. Marian is going to Singapore for a week long conference and I have already packed up about 500 pieces of patterned paper that she can bring to Joy's place (since scouting for my own place will probably commence as soon as I arrive, which is on April 14). My scrap stuff has become my security blanket and I know I will be really restless until I reunite with them again. As for my airline booking, I am only allowed to bring 20 kgs of baggage and the scrap essentials I have allocated for my departure are my paper kits, stamps & inks, paint and embellishments (which I am assuming is about 15 kgs already). What's a scrapper to do?

Hay...

1 comment:

Liza said...

pearl, you're leaving na pala. we'll truly miss you in our eb's. yun pala ang big move you were referring to in previous posts mo. i wish you good luck in your new career and possibly extended home. di bale, marami namang pinoy scrappers din dun. you can meet up with kila cata & steph. good luck and take care.

About