A few weeks ago I came across The Scrapper's Loft - an Asian scrapper's forum. There are so many many talented Asian scrappers and after looking at some of their layouts, I am very happy on how fast and vast the hobby is spreading.. I joined the forum because it was, I think, very logical for me being Asian.

TSL is also a forum for the Asian Dares - it's a scrapping challenge every 1st and 16th (if I am not mistaken) of the month. If your layout is chosen, you may get a prize for participating! How cool is that?!? But the most important thing for me is accomplishing the challenge..

Their Dare #3 is about heritage and I made a layout about me being proud to be Pinoy.



If I dare say so myself, I think this layout is one of my best yet. I've always been challenged on trying to layer patterned paper from different manufacturers. I love the effect of the scalloping I did on the Paper Salon paper (and putting holes on them - I think this is a trend now in scrapbooking). I also love the 7g paper I used as a photo mat. And don't get me started on the photo.. this was taken using my K800 phone. The alpha overlays over my photo is again and inspiration from Elsie F. I've also included a hidden journaling explaining how proud I am to be Pinoy. And I am really proud of myself that the I was able to finish this page in 1 day!

I hope to finish at least 1 Asian dare challenge a month.. That's a dare I won't mind doing!

No comments:

About