And so I did a little retail therapy...

Gorgeous patterned papers from Daisy Bucket

Sumner, Ashville & Background arrow and Journaling spots from Scenic Route.. Funky...

I was also able to buy a new craft knife from Making Memories since the Xacto I bought has long since given up on me... And althought the Honeybee scissors can do the cut, nothing beats using a craft knife to carve intricate patterns..

So I should say I have reached my scrapping quota this month.. The Paper Posies kit is already available so I may be able to get that tomorrow and meet Amy at Tiong Bahru at the usual place. And the Poppy Ink and SOMO kits - probably within the week as well.

I'm still in the middle of finishing my entry to round 3 (aiyo! who would've thought I made it?)and - true to the form of being a poster child for procrastination - I'm dilly-dallying again..

A few weeks ago I decorated the 8x8 American Crafts album I bought and named it Pearl's visual diary... I seem to be doing a lot of scrapping in SIN since I got here (since I have more time alone by myself with nothing better to do..).

Papers and alpha stickers are from BG Infuse and I bling-ified the patterns by using Stickles...


On a not so scrappy note...

I am so blue today that I played hooky and did not go to work.. I'm really starting to have serious doubts whether I would be able last the year here in Singapore.. I can no longer explain the loneliness I feel and everyday it seems to be getting worse. I really need to stop and think if this is what I really want. I chose to be here and so I can also choose not to be here.. I hate disappointments but sometimes I just need to raise the flag and surrender... If my feelings don't change I know I need to go home before I lose my sanity..

Apart from being lazy today, I've finally downloaded the whole Grey's Anatomy season 3 episodes and will probably begin the marathon after I finish this book:


I've had this fascination on vampire novels ever since I read Interview With a Vampire when I was in college. But it was hard to find really good fiction about vampires without the novel turning into something fantastical. The last good vampire novel I read was The Historian 2 years ago.. And then I had this love affair with anything related to The DaVinci Code, self help books and Jodi Picoult novels.. This one I stumbled upon the B&N bestseller list -the third book in it's sereies unseated the 7th Harry Potter book in - I think - it's third week.. It's more juvenile fiction than adult - but lemmetelya - I can't put it down! I went to a couple of bookstores here just to hunt down the 3 books - I got lucky at Times in Plaza Singapura. Good thing it was payday weekend..

Have a great week ahead!

2 comments:

Jeff and Pia Lopez said...

Hi Pearl!

I hope you're feeling a little better. I know what homesickness mean, been away for my family for almost a schoolyear, sa province lang ako nagpunta para na akong masisiraan ng ulo hehehe lalo pa kaya yung case mo.

Give it some more time. Go out with your "new" friends. Scrap ... have fun. In time, masasanay ka din or perhaps you can change your mind too!

Btw, I love the Daisy Bucket pps you got there! I'm excited to see what you'll come up with!

Christine said...

Yummy-looking papers, Pearl!

I like what you did with your album cover... I wish I could scrap more pages like you!

Hey, I love Jodi Picoult, too! :)

About