I've been living under a rock these past few days fully concentrating on myscrapbook layouts for the first ever Scrappin' Moms Idol contest. I am so lucky to have reached round 2 and be in the playing field along with some really lean and mean Filipino scrapbookers.. This contest is far different from all the challenges I have joined - and by far the hardest.. So hard, all I think about the whole day is my layout execution. And I know I have to step it up so as not to embarrass myself (see the Scrappin' Moms Idol Gallery here to see what I mean).. At this point I am criticizing myself to pieces with the layouts I have entered so far.. I can't help but compare my work to the other contestants whose layouts are just insane! The entries are so good sometimes I wonder what brain function should I stimulate in order to get the same calibre as these scrapbookers. But alas.. I can only be myself and hope my mojo is still working which will at least put me in the top 12 by the end of the weekly eliminations.. I want to see the look on myboss' face when I file my leave of absence to go home to Manila over the weekend so that I could compete in a scrapbook contest.. She'll probably think I'm nuts...
I am stressing this week on the round 2 eliminations.. I think that this is going to be the end of me.. In as much as I want to make a banging layout, my senses told me to skip the LSS to shop for materials and just stick with what I have on hand right now. Imagine me last weekend, in the living room with all the papers that I have spread around me and grouping them to which color family they belong. If I can justify my ignorance for the color wheel (I swear on my Honeybee that I did not learn this in prep or elementary school), I will. So there.. I've just confessed.. I'm a fraud - I do not have a single idea how the color wheel works.. I am an embarassment to the scrapbooking community... Wahh!!!
And so I have submitted my layout today with crossed fingers and toes..And crap! I was in the office really early today to scan it.. Oh, woes of a scrapper...

No comments:

About